SENSOFLUSH is specifically designed for the flushing of in-situ vascular access devices in order to maintain patency and reduce the risk of contamination. It is sterile, single use pre-filled syringes, ready to use, available in 3 ml, 5 ml and 10 ml of 0,9% Sodium Chloride (NaCl) Solution in 10 ml syringes and 20 ml of 0,9% Sodium Chloride Solution in 20 ml syringes. The syringe is made of polypropylene and it has luer lock. There is sterile, preservative-free and non-pyrogenic isotonic solution in the syringe. Latex free.
Indications: Device is suitable for flushing peripheral and central in-situ vascular access devices. It is not for direct intravenous injection.
Classification : According to MDD/93/42 /EEC Annex IX and Meddev 2.4/1, surgically invasive, short term use, Rule 7, Rule 13, Class III.
How to use SENSOFLUSH?
Use aseptic technique throughout the procedure.
- Check the patient’s identity, prescription and SENSOFLUSH packaging for details and ensure packaging is intact.
- Open packaging and remove syringe.
- Remove the luer lock cap by unscrewing and ensuring that there is no touch contamination of the syringe luer connection.
- Hold the tip of syringe upward and push the plunger of the syringe to expel the air.
- Attach the syringe to the vascular access device, taking care that there is no touch contamination of the connection and ensure it is locked in place.
- Flush the vascular access device using appropriate technique and volume according to your local policy.
- Dispose of all equipment including any remaining flush solution in line with your hospital’s waste disposal policy.
- Complete documentation in patient care records.
Packaging: SENSOFLUSH is available in sterile and disposable packages. The quantities in each box are explained for different models of SENSOFLUSH as below.
- SF-003, 3 ml of 0,9% Sodium Chloride Solution in a 10 ml syringe (36x3 ml/Box)
- SF-005, 5 ml of 0,9% Sodium Chloride Solution in a 10 ml syringe (36x5 ml/Box)
- SF-010, 10 ml of 0,9% Sodium Chloride Solution in a 10 ml syringe (36x10 ml/Box)
- SF-020, 20 ml of 0,9% Sodium Chloride Solution in a 20 ml syringe (36x20 ml/Box)